Current Job Openings
Motive Energy, based in Fountain Valley, CA does end-to-end work in the distributed and renewable energy space for Commercial and Industrial customers. Likewise, in the infrastructure industry, Motive also provides comprehensive EPC services to the telecom and wireless industry.
The Drafter will perform computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) for a variety of renewable energy projects under the supervision of Engineers. These projects involve the use of Solar PV, Energy Storage Systems and EV Charging.
Daily Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drafting, editing, and finalizing design plans and details using appropriate and efficient methods and adhering to Motive Energy's drafting standards.
- Prepare plan sets, drawing layouts, spreadsheets, and generate documents in conformance with accepted standards, technical criteria, and local regulatory codes.
- Prepare detailed site maps and plans for ADA accessibility, parking, and easements / setbacks.
- Create single line diagrams for Electrical components.
- Managing the production of drawing sets from creation, markup, and modification based on overall design.
- Responsible for properly packaging submittals diligently asking questions and pursuing work.
- Possesses significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize technical or schedule concerns and pro-actively respond.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Preferred candidates will have an Associate's degree or two years of full-time experience performing CADD / Architectural design work or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the prerequisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position, including those described below:
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD software
- Experience developing and working with SLDs, PV layouts, site plans
- Experience reading electrical schematics
- Possess strong reasoning and geometrical skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications, including Acrobat Adobe, Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Motive Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Motive Companies provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. motive Companies does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.