Current Job Openings
Objectives of this Role:
The Contracts Specialist supports and reports to the General Manager of Motive Energy Storage Systems Inc. The job responsibilities of this position include, without limitation, assisting with the review, negotiation, and drafting of contracts to ensure adequate protection and assurance that contracts are reasonable and in compliance with corporate risk standards; coordination of insurance matters; review and coordination of letters of credit and bank guarantees; providing support for corporate governance matters; and performing administrative and other job duties to support the Legal Counsel.
- Review, negotiate, and draft terms and conditions for agreements with customers, change orders, and other forms of agreements, with attorney support as required.
- Review, negotiate and draft letters of credit and parent company guarantees for agreements with customers and vendors.
- Coordinate insurance matters with the Controller including liability limits, certificates of insurance, and special insurance coverages.
- Coordinate requests for letters of credit and bank guarantees with financial institutions, Controller, and other company personnel.
- Prepare written consents and other corporate governance documentation as directed.
- Understand and apply legal principles for various forms of agreements and document preparation, with attorney support as required.
- Perform export control and sanctions due diligence and coordinate efforts with Legal counsel as directed.
- Track and coordinate responses to customer compliance requirements through third party software programs (e.g., Avetta, ISNetworld, etc.).
- Provide notary services.
- Provide administrative support to the Legal Counsel in maintaining a document database including uploading and tracking documents (e.g., agreements, compliance documents, etc.).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in contract administration involving legal issues and negotiation.
- The ideal candidate will possess experience in the power generation industry.
- Be licensed as a notary.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of various commercial terms and conditions, including legal and commercial implications.
- Working knowledge of power generation industry and/or construction industry practices and legal standards.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks and maintain superior attention to detail and quality.
- Able to communicate effectively by written and verbal means.
- Able to work well independently and work effectively in a group setting.
- Be proactive and take ownership of job responsibilities.
- Appreciation of and professional maturity to maintain confidentiality of sensitive company information.
- Proficient in Word and Excel applications