Current Job Openings
Purpose and scope:
The Maintenance Solar Technician will perform tasks which include maintenance, installation, testing and troubleshooting related to solar equipment, its components and wiring.
- Executes daily assigned tasks, including ongoing maintenance.
- Provides troubleshooting on Inverters, Optimizers, Maximizers, TS4's or other vendor equipment.
- Makes tech calls to appropriate vendors to obtain case numbers for equipment replacements.
- Replaces and tests any warranty equipment provided by said vendors.
- Performs routine maintenance on solar equipment and its respective wiring.
- Provides daily reports of testing results, replacements, and case numbers.
- Answers phone calls in the field for any adds, moves or changes, as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains proper care of all equipment, tools and vehicles.
- Uses all appropriate jobsite PPE and practices upmost safety for all, including equipment and buildings.
- Reports any problems with tools or equipment.
- Executes safe and proper use of power tools and ladders.
- Fixes problems with any said solar equipment and attendant electrical wiring.
- Ensures that all completed jobs are clear of any potential hazards or warning signs.
- Outdoor work may include exposure to inclement weather, uneven terrain and other hazardous conditions.
- Able to lift or pull up to 50lbs. without assistance.
- Requires use of personal vehicle able to haul an extension, if needed. (Mileage compensated.)
- Physical stamina for unpredictable shift lengths in all types of weather.
- Standing for extended periods.
Skills / Other:
- Interpersonal skills to interact in a pleasant manner with both coworkers and the public.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy Telecommunications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Telecommunications complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Telecommunications expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.