Current Job Openings
Purpose and Scope:
The Driver/Shop is responsible for delivery and installation of industrial forklift batteries. They will operate different types of forklifts at multiple sites daily. Installations will be completed using appropriate battery handling equipment and PPE. They will also perform shop duties, as qualified or trained.
- Prepares batteries and chargers for delivery, checking voltage, water levels, connector and cable position.
- Loads and unloads flat bed.
- Plans and executes efficient travel routes.
- Safely operates company vehicles, including forklift.
- Collects signatures upon delivery.
- Regularly checks in with company regarding delivery schedule and any other issues, via mobile communications.
- May perform routine maintenance on vehicles, such as monitoring fluid levels and their replenishment.
- Fosters positive customer relations through regular, courteous interactions.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining quality service and following organizational standards.
- All other duties as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent, required.
- Operation of communications equipment in a mobile environment (cellphone, laptop, etc.).
- Forklift certified is a plus.
- Clean and current Driver's license (MVR check) in the applying State.
- Knowledgeable of local areas/roads, preferred.
- 2 years of prior commercial driving and/or warehouse experience, preferred.
Pay: $18 - $20/hr