Current Job Openings
Purpose and Scope: The Field Service Technician III is responsible for delivering the very highest in customer service and care. They have extensive knowledge in each service operation and have honed their technical skills and expanded further into a customer relationship evaluating customer needs and satisfaction.
- Represents the company in a neat and professional manner in accordance with company standards.
- Practices safety and good housekeeping in all circumstances.
- Conveys information to proper customer contacts.
- Safely operates a service vehicle and keeps it in good working order.
- Operates a forklift truck and reach truck on a regular basis.
- Safely and correctly processes non-potable water recovered by the battery wash.
- Tests for and analyzes results of acidity level of water (pH).
- Performs voltage testing and pressure washing of battery.
- Performs battery inspections, battery watering, battery washing, and recording of cell voltages and specific gravities.
- Evaluates power module performance by reviewing its electronics operation and components against specifications.
- Performs planned and preventative maintenance of chargers.
- Performs diagnosis of and resolves charger issues (bad fuse, display failure, AC cord, power module).
- Performs complete cell replacements, welds and burns batteries.
- Identifies and services components, as needed (e.g., diodes, capacitors, line contactors).
- Performs battery extractions including change outs to diagnose and repair individual parts or systems (e.g., hydrology, hydraulics, hydro pump, electric motors, couplers, and actuator arms).
- Installs charger systems.
- Maintains an accurate assigned parts inventory.
- Follows assigned schedule to ensure regular product maintenance.
- Recognizes and addresses safety and EPA issues.
- Complies with company policies and procedures (regarding issues such as warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, and hazmat).
- Actively promotes point of sale items and allied products and services.
- Ensures work orders are filled out properly and in a timely manner.
- Establishes good working relationships with customers.
- Participates in sales process by identifying client opportunity (expanded services, new client, etc.) and conveys said information to appropriate sales personnel.
- Communicates with others (supervisor, company technicians or other departments, as needed), to coordinate necessary repairs or either resolve customer complaints or seize opportunities.
- Communicates with Management and Sales regarding any unresolved customer issues.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural and technical manuals.
- Defines problems and draws valid conclusions on the work that needs to be performed.
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- All other duties as required.
- 1-3 Years of battery industry or related experience, preferably in a field service environment.
Pay: $24 - $30/hr