Current Job Openings
Purpose and Scope:
The Ultra Care Technician is responsible for performing regularly scheduled maintenance of industrial batteries and related products at the client site.
- Represents the company in a neat and professional manner in accordance with company standards.
- Practices safety and good housekeeping in all circumstances.
- Performs battery inspections, battery watering, battery washing, and full-scale inspection including recording of cell voltages and specific gravities.
- Performs watering system installations.
- Conveys information to proper customer contacts.
- Safely operates a service vehicle and keeps it in good working order.
- Operates a forklift and reach truck on a regular basis.
- Recognizes and addresses safety and EPA issues.
- Safely and correctly processes non-potable water recovered by the battery wash.
- Tests for and analyzes results of acidity level of water (pH).
- Performs voltage testing and pressure washing of battery.
- Maintains an accurate assigned parts inventory.
- Actively promotes point of sale items and allied products and services.
- Follows assigned schedule to ensure regular product maintenance.
- Complies with company policies and procedures (regarding issues such as warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, and hazmat).
- Ensures work orders are filled out properly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers.
- Communicates with others (supervisor, company technicians or other departments, as needed), to coordinate necessary repairs or either resolve customer complaints or seize opportunities.
- All other duties as required.
Skills / Other:
- Able to read and comprehend documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, plus procedural and technical manuals.
- Able to interpret and follow instructions (provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form).
- Able to prioritize work, work independently, and move from task to task.
- Analytical and critical thinker.
- Troubleshooting skills, able to define problems and solve them.
- Strong customer service skills, including active listening.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Deadline-driven, self-motivated.
- 1-3 Years of experience involving battery industry or related experience, preferably within a field service environment. Prior sales or customer service in a field service environment, strongly preferred.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair
texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law Motive Energy, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy, Inc., expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.