Current Job Openings
Purpose and Scope:
The Solar Equipment Specification Specialist assists engineering in the generation of Equipment Specifications for solar and Energy Storage System (ESS) Applications. This position works with purchasing to coordinate and validate the correct sourcing and receiving of the equipment. This position works closely with the Project Management team to deploy the equipment in construction.
- Create inquiry specification documents and requisition forms of equipment needed for each commercial and residential project using the single line diagram (SLD) and other plan sheets as a reference.
- Must be able to read and understand plans such as SLDs for PV solar and energy storage systems (ESS). Candidate must have a knowledgeable understanding of PV Solar and ESS equipment.
- After inquiry specification documents and the SLD for each project have been released to the procurement department, quotes received from procurement are to be reviewed against the inquiry specification document to check for equipment specification errors in the quote. Incorrect quotes must be redlined and sent back to procurement.
- When revised quotes are delivered from procurement they must be rechecked for errors and redlined as needed. This process must be repeated until the quotes are correct per the inquiry specifications.
- Notification of correct quotes must be sent to procurement along with an attached completed requisition form listing the equipment that engineering specifies for the project.
- The candidate will be the main contact for project managers inquiring about the status of equipment. The candidate will make regular inquiries to procurement and maintain a document that keeps track of where equipment is during the procurement process and expected timelines of delivery to Motive warehouses.
- Candidate will notify Project Managers when equipment arrives and verify that specified equipment for each project that was delivered matches the inquiry specification (receiving inspection).
- The candidate will be a buffer between the construction and project managers to answer inquiries about the equipment and then relay questions to the engineers that he/she cannot answer.
- This job requires attention to detail and the ability to supervise the entire process from the creation of the first inquiry specification of each project to installation of the equipment at the specified project site.
- All other duties as required.
Skills / Other:
- Experience in solar installation preferred.
- Experience in solar design is required.
- Experience as an electrician on construction projects is a plus.
- Experience with Helioscope or PVsyst is a plus. Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NFPA-70) is required.
- Enthusiasm for engineering-based systems including Solar, Batteries and Electric Vehicles.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical, interdisciplinary, a self-starter and has customer-oriented thinking.
- Social competence, good communication skills and the ability to learn.
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, OneNote, Teams Speak, read and write English, Spanish is a plus
- No degree Required
- 5 years of Solar Design, Installation and Construction.
Pay: $65,000 - $95,000/yr
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY Motive Energy Storage Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law Motive Energy Storage Systems complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Storage Systems expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories. The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.