Current Job Openings
Purpose and scope:
The Field Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting/repairing batteries, battery chargers, and battery handling equipment in a timely and efficient manner while providing outstanding customer service.
This position requires the ability to manage and communicate with multiple customer calls daily. A qualified candidate will be able to multi- task a diverse and complex number of service calls with speed, accuracy, discretion and clarity, while maintaining focus on the mission at all times.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ensure work orders are filled out properly and in a timely manner.
- Convey all information to the proper contact at the customer's location to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Recognize and recommend safety and EPA issues.
- Operate a service vehicle and keep in good working order and stocked correctly, maintained to manufacturer's specifications.
- Practice safety and good housekeeping at customer site, in shop and in all circumstances when representing Motive Energy.
- Operate company vehicles in a safe, courteous manner, in all traffic.
- Communicate with Management and Sales on any customer issues.
- Actively promote point of sale items and allied products and services.
- Represent Motive Energy in a neat and professional manner in accordance with Motive standards.
- Ability to operate forklift truck and reach truck on a regular basis.
Skills / Other:
- Working knowledge of standard shop tools.
- Good understanding of basic electricity/electronics.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure and technical manuals.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions on the work that needs to be performed.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good written, communication and customer satisfaction skills.
- High degree of organization, deadline focus, self-motivation and accountability.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and maintain a positive attitude
- Analytical ability to prioritize work and move from task to task
- Must be detail oriented
- While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Individual is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to regularly lift a minimum 50lbs on a daily basis and 51 to 150lbs with assistance of equipment on a daily to weekly basis
- Regular use of safety glasses and shoes. Vision requirements: close vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, individual is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Individual regularly exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- Noise level is minimal to loud.
- Surroundings clean to dirty.
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent combination of work experience and education preferred
- One to three years of battery industry or related experience and preferably in a field service environment.
- Possess Commercial Driver License with hazardous material endorsements, or ability to obtain
- Forklift Training Certification a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy Texas provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license, ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Texas complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Texas expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned.