Current Job Openings
Motive Energy, based in Fountain Valley, CA does end-to-end work in the distributed and renewable energy space for Commercial and Industrial customers. Likewise, in the infrastructure industry, Motive also provides comprehensive EPC services to the telecom and wireless industry.
The Project Manager is responsible for the development, planning, and execution of medium sized renewable energy Microgrid projects based on standardized or unique configurations.
The Project Manager works with the finance team, engineering team, and field level construction managers and team members in the execution of projects. The Project Manager will manage contract requirements, client relations, and project deliverable requirements. In addition, the project manager shall establish and monitor performance metrics, project schedules, risk profiles, and cost performance of the project in accordance with company systems and practices.
Daily Responsibilities and Duties:
- Project scope, schedule, and cost estimate development and review
- Project planning, management, and coordination of engineering, procurement, and construction teams
- Project quality, environmental compliance, and safety
- Scope and change management
- Cost monitoring and management
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Project communications
- Client and community relations
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Able to work both independently and as a team. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Decision making ability. Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong customer service skills with focus on listening to the customer.
- Ability to conduct negotiations with vendors, supplies, governmental entities, and utilities.
- Working knowledge of the standardized project management processes and tools.
- Working knowledge of engineering design, procurement, and construction practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of project management cost systems (i.e., Earned Value methodology).
- Working knowledge of project scheduling concepts, techniques, and software such as Sitetracker is a plus.
- Renewable Energy industry experience a plus.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in project management and/or construction management.
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certificate, or equivalent
Motive Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Motive Companies provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. motive Companies does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.