Current Job Openings
Purpose and Scope:
The Drafter is responsible for performing computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) for a variety of renewable energy projects under the supervision of Engineers. These projects involve the use of Solar PV, Energy Storage Systems and EV Charging.
- Drafts, edits, and finalizes design plans and details using appropriate and efficient methods and adhering to the company's drafting standards.
- Prepares plan sets, drawing layouts, spreadsheets, and generates documents in conformance with accepted standards, technical criteria, and local regulatory codes.
- Prepares detailed site maps and plans for ADA accessibility, parking, and easements / setbacks.
- Creates single line diagrams for electrical components.
- Manages the production of drawing sets from creation, markup, and modification based on overall design.
- Takes ownership for properly packaging submittals, diligently asking questions, and pursuing work.
- Possesses significant technical knowledge and awareness to recognize technical or schedule concerns and be proactive towards its resolution.
- All other duties as required.
Skills / Other:
- Strong reasoning and geometrical skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Associate's degree in Electronics OR
- 2 Years of F/T experience performing CADD/architectural design work OR
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the prerequisite knowledge, skills and abilities, including the following:
- Experience developing and working with SLDs, PV layouts, site plans;
- Experience reading electrical schematics.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite, plus Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- 2 Years of experience with CADD, preferably involving solar, energy storage, or EV chargers.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY Motive Energy Storage Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law Motive Energy Storage Systems complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Storage Systems expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories. The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.